Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Year commencing in September 2022.
NOTE: Candidates who will be writing in June 2022 may also apply as “WASSCE AWAITING RESULTS”
|SEA-GOING/MERCHANT MARINE PROGRAMMES (Ship Captains/Chief Engineers on-board Ships)|
|B.Sc. Nautical Science|
|B.Sc. Marine Engineering|
|Diploma in Nautical Science|
|Diploma in Marine Engineering|
|B.Sc. Naval Architecture (Small Craft & Ocean Engineering Options) Regular|
|B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (Weekend)|
|B.Sc. Computer Engineering (Regular/Weekend)|
|B.Sc. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering (Regular/Weekend)|
|Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Regular/Weekend)|
|APPLIED SCIENCE PROGRAMME|
|B.Sc. Computer Science (Regular/Weekend)|
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES|
|B.Sc. Information Technology (Regular/Weekend)|
|Diploma in Information Technology (Regular/Weekend)|
|B.Sc. Accounting (Regular /Weekend)|
|B.Sc. Port And Shipping Administration (Regular/Weekend)|
|B.Sc. Logistics Management (Regular)|
|Diploma in Ports And Shipping Management|
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
4-YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO Holders: Applicants must have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credit passes (A1-C6/A-D) in Three (3) Elective in Science/Technical subjects for programmes A, B and C, which must include Elective Mathematics.
For programmes D&E applicants in addition to the three core subjects must have three elective subjects in Science/Technical / Visual/ Business/ General Arts/ Home Economics / Agricultural Science.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates: Applicants must have credits in at least five (5) G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three (3) Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects one of which must be Mathematics for programmes A,B and C only.
- GBCE Candidates: applicants must have credit passes (A-D) in six subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant electives.
2-YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO Holders: Applicants must have passes in six  subjects (A1-D7/A-D) including English Language and Mathematics and a minimum of D7 in three (3) passes in any elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders: Applicants must have ‘O’ Level credit in five  subjects (including Mathematics & English Language), plus G.C.E. ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) subjects.
- GBCE: Applicants must have credit passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.
- Technical School Applicants: Applicants must have National Board for Professional and Technical Examination (NAPTEX) passes in four (4) core subjects and four (4) passes in the area of specialization.
Applicants for Diploma programmes under A & B must have a Science background.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE OR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge– GCE ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels holders must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels, in addition to at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level.
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- City & Guilds Technician Part II/Part III and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc. in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE or the GCE will be considered.
- Level/Part 2 of Professional Accounting bodies such as ICAG, ICMA, and ACCA etc.
MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth, which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) HOLDERS
Applicants must have full diploma certificate in ABCE. In addition, applicants must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Social Studies or Integrated Science in the General Business Certificate Examinations (GBCE) or SSSCE or WASSCE
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) HOLDERS
Applicants must have at least a minimum of 2nd Class Lower from a recognized Tertiary Institutions.
- HND holders with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division pursuing the same programme would be admitted to level 300.
- HND holders with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division changing programme would be admitted into level 200.
(a) B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT) with a year abroad.
The above programme is jointly run by the Regional Maritime University (RMU) and Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) China. The first, second and fourth years will be at the Regional Maritime University, Ghana while the third year will be in Shanghai Maritime University (SMU), China.
- The cut-off grade is aggregate 12.
- Interested candidates must have the financial capacity to pay for a return ticket to China and also their upkeep whilst in China.
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years at the commencement of the programme
HOWEVER, TRAVELLING TO SMU IS NOT AUTOMATIC. IT IS SUBJECT TO OBTAINING CHINESE ENTRY VISA.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants for the 2021/2022 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online (E- VOUCHER SERVICE) application procedure.
Cost of Application Form:
B.Sc. Programmes – GH¢160.00 or $50.00
Diploma Programmes – GH¢130.00 or $40.00
USSD CODE: Dial *887*18# and follow the prompt to purchase the E-Voucher.
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[I] Domestic Applicants
[A] Purchase E-Voucher from any of the centers above
[B] Log on to http://admissions.rmu.edu.gh to complete the application form.
[II] International Applicants
Log onto the admission portal http://admissions.rmu.edu.gh/foreign and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
[A] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Academic Registrar.
[B] Candidates are strongly advised to visit the Courier Companies in their Countries for assistance towards the sending of the application documents.
The application documents should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 712775 / 718225/ 714070