The concerns of port development in West Africa areat the heart of his research. He has authored several papers in international peer-reviewed journals focusing on issues of port competiveness, selection, efficiency and hinterland connectivity in West Africa.
- vanDyck, G.K. and Domfeh, S.A. (2017) Gateway Port Selection based on Inland Transport Cost and Performance Metrics in West Africa. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, Vol. 5 Issue 12, pg. 589-608
- Gohoho, E.S., Aryee, J., and vanDyck, G.K. (2016) Selecting a Strategic Logistics Service Provider for Subsea Engineering Companies on the Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme (TEN) Project in Ghana. Journal of Shipping and Ocean Engineering 6 (2016) 95-104.
- Aryee, J., Gohoho, E.S., and vanDyck, G.K. (2015) Offshore Support Base Location of Subsea Engineering Companies (SECs) for Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme (TEN) Project in Ghana Using Analytic Hierarchy Process. The International Journal of Social Science and Economics Invention, Vol 1, Issue 4, pg. 1-13.
- Ismeal, H.M. &vanDyck, G.K. (2015) Forecasting Container throughput at the Doraleh Container Terminal in Djibouti. 2015 International Conference on Applied Mechanics, Mechatronics and Intelligent Systems (AMMIS2015), Nanjing, China.
- vanDyck, G. and Ismeal, H. (2015) Multi- Criteria Evaluation of Port Competitiveness in West Africa Using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 5, 432-446.
- vanDyck, G.K. (2015) Assessment of Port Efficiency in West Africa Using Data Envelopment Analysis. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 5, 208-218.
- vanDyck, G.K. (2015) The Drive for a Regional Hub Port for West Africa: General Requirement and Capacity Forecast. International Journal of Business and Economics Research. Vol. 4, No. 2, 2015, pp. 36-44.
- vanDyck. G.K. (2012) The Evolution and Future Direction of Supply Chain Management: Regional Maritime University Journal. Vol 2, p. 8-22