The Regional Maritime University (RMU) held its end of year staff durbar at the African Unity Auditorium on Thursday, 19th December, 2019.
Addressing the durbar, the Vice Chancellor of the University,Professor Elvis Nyarko, was happy the University was able to achieve its targets inspite of the numerous challenges. The VC commended Management and Staff for their commitment at meeting the University’s objectives. With the milestone reached in the year under review, the VC emphasized that, moving forward, hard work, dedication and enthusiasm from all would spur the University onto higher heights.
As an agenda item during the Durbar, some members of staff who had been with the University more than thirty (30) years were awarded with Deep Chest Freezers for their long service hard work. The Awardees are;
- Ing. Augustine Addy-Lamptey, Provost, RMU.
- Michael Quaye – Head of Refrigeration Department, RMU
- Robert Ampah – Head of Archive Unit, RMU
- Mabel Naa-Darkwa Mettle – Administrative Assistant, RMU Graduate School
- Prosper Appiah- Driver – Transport Department, RMU
Earlier in the year, long service staff who had done over 25 years with the University were given cash awards for their contribution to the University.
Information Source: Marketing Unit
Information Date: 20th December, 2019