Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Year commencing SEPTEMBER 2018.
2-YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES:
DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (REGULAR/WEEKEND)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7/A-D) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in relevant subjects (e.g. Elective Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Applied Electricity, Geography etc).
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders: Applicant must have credits in at least five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects. (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Metal Work, Applied Electricity etc).
Other Qualifications including;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects,
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge – GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels must have two relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels and in addition must have five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level.
- City and Guilds Technician Part II and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc. in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE/NECO or the GCE will be considered.
DIPLOMA IN PORTS AND SHIPPING MANAGEMENT (REGULAR/WEEK-END)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7/A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in any elective subjects.
- G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Credit in five  subjects (including Mathematics & English Language), plus G.C.E. ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: credit passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.
MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth, which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
- Applicants intending to offer the Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme must have a science background.
NOTE: The Mature Entrance Examinations will be held on Friday, 10th August, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the 2018/2019 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU E-Voucher:
- Diploma programmes: GH¢120.00 or $40.00
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
[iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local]
[iv] All Regional and District Post Offices across Ghana
[b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
[c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions soon after payment.
[d] A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED.
[e] Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
[f] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be forwarded to the Academic Registrar.
[g] Candidates are strongly advised to visit Courier Companies in their Countries for assistance towards the return of the application documents [see f].
[h] Completed application forms and other documents should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions
[b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
[c] Applicants must print out application summary, attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Academic Registrar.
The closing dates for submission of applications are 29th June, 2018 for Matured Applicants and 31st August, 2018 for Regular and Weekend applicants. Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. Mature Entrance Examinations would be held on Friday, 10th August, 2018
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712343 / 712775
Fax Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712047