Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Year commencing SEPTEMBER 2018.
WELDING AND FABRICATION I: DURATION- 6 WEEKS
This course covers introduction to shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), knowledge in applied basic metallurgy, introduction to blueprint reading and sketching, measurements and acquisition of welding skills in the flat, horizontal and vertical positions.
Candidates must have at least basic elementary education i.e. BECE, Senior High School qualification, three (3) years technical education, among others.
- Candidates will be introduced to safety in the welding environment
- Candidates will acquire the art of measuring and measuring devices of the trade
- Candidates will acquire skills in blueprint reading and sketching
- The skill of beads formation will be imparted to Candidates
- Candidates will be equipped with skills in the flat, horizontal and vertical welding positions
WELDING AND FABRICATION II: DURATION – 8 WEEKS
This course leads to the acquisition of skill in vertical and overhead welding positions apart from exposure to more applied metallurgy and skills in metal fabrication. Detailed blue print reading, interpretation, acquisition of welding skills in overhead and pipe welding is also covered.
Candidates must have at least basic elementary education (BECE), Senior High School (SHS) qualification, three (3) years technical education, among others and must have done the Welding and Fabrication I (Part One) or be persons engaged in the trade and want to acquire the skills in Welding and Fabrication II (Part Two).
- Candidates will be equipped to observe strictly safety associated with welding
- The art of measuring in marking and lay out of tasks will be instilled in Candidates
- Candidates will acquire the ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Candidates will acquire skills in overhead and pipe welding