The Regional Maritime University invites applicants to register for its upcoming Three Days Workshop scheduled for Tuesday, 12th to Thursday, 14th March, 2019. This course is of immediate interest to Ports & Shipping Managers, Freight forwarders, Stevedores, Customs officials, PhD students, Higher-Level Operators and Decision-Makers in Port Terminal Operating Companies, Port Authorities, Integrated Transport Chain Operators, Logistics Service Providers, Port Associations, Banks, Government Agencies, and to all those with an interest in the functioning and the strategies behind maritime-related activities.
- To increase skills and make governance more effective in maritime organizations.:
- To ensure that maritime organisations and institutions are appropriately constituted, structured and operate within the appropriate governance processes and support good financial reporting.
- To provide a system of internal controls exemplifying standards of behaviour as a way of enabling good governance in maritime organizations and institutions.
At the end of the course, participants should
- Have an insight in the way Ports function and key actors involved;
- Have an understanding of the typologies with respect to maritime organisations and governance;
- Be acquainted with the latest developments in the maritime industry and the impact those have on cost structures and revenues.
Module One: Maritime Governance and Roles of Stakeholders
- Recent trends and evolutions in maritime governance
- Port attractiveness, competition and marketing
- Dock labour Management
- Port governance and role of port authorities
- Maritime city relationships
- Maritime communication platforms
- Maritime data platforms
- Maritime innovation strategies
- Marine environmental management
Module Two: Hallmarks of Effective Governance
- What is governance
- Features of a well governed organisation (including key policies and procedures)
- The Good Governance Standards
- Practical governance success and failures
- How good is your governance?
- A time for self-assessment
Module Three: Effective Governance Framework
- Statutory accountability and key governance documents
- Board and Committee structures and functions
- Strategic planning
- Decision-making in the organisation
- Roles and responsibilities – legal duties of directors
- Balance of Power and Authority
- The Board, the Chair and Non-Executive Board members
- Executive Management
Module Four: Stakeholder Management
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders
- Managing the media and communications
- Customer service and complaints
- Appraisals and performance management
- Public Consultations
DURATION Tuesday, 12th to Thursday, 14th March, 2019
COURSE FEES; Ghc 1,200 (includes Tuition, Snack/Lunch, Course Materials and Certificate)
VENUE: Regional Maritime University (Auditorium) – Nungua, Accra
NOTE: Participants would be issued with Certificate.
For Registration and Enquiries, please Call 0240145228 or 0243138633
Deadline for Registration is Friday 8thMarch, 2019.