GRADUATION OF Y.E.A. AND RMU YOUTH IN MARINE ENGINEERING
The Marine Engineering Technician Module Programme which was launched by President John Dramani Mahama on Friday 30th September, 2016 to train two hundred (200) young men and women from Ghana has successfully come to an end with a colourful Graduation Ceremony held on RMU Campus on Saturday 3rd December, 2016.
The Training Programme was a collaboration between the YEA and RMU under the Trades and Vocation Module. The graduates who had pursued a 9-week Marine Engineering Technician Training Programme had been equipped for the job market with skill sets including Basic Workshop Practice, Seamanship, Marine Plant Operations & Maintenance, Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Systems, Entrepreneurship, Engineering Science, Mathematics and General Ship Knowledge. Cadetship was also a special Module to the Programme.
In his address, the Vice Chancellor, Professor Elvis Nyarko congratulated the graduands, on behalf of the President of the Republic of Ghana, the Board of Governors, Management, Staff and Students for their successful completion of the Programme. He urged them to take advantage of the career avenues in the industry by taking the IMO Mandatory Short Courses to enable them pursue sea-going careers and wished them the best in their future endeavours. The VC took the opportunity to commend the Government of Ghana and Management of the Youth Employment Agency for their sponsorship of the trainees. He also praised the Instructors on the Programme as well as Parents and Guardians for their excellent support.
The Provost on his part also applauded the graduands for their hard work and admonished them not to rest on their oars but come back to pursue up-grading programmes at RMU. He assured them that all 200 graduands would be provided with start-up tool kits. And so for those who do not want a life on the high seas they would be enabled to set up as specialized mechanical Technicians repairing outboard motors, automobile engines, welders, refrigeration equipments etc.
Also present at the Graduation Ceremony were the Pro-Vice Chancellor - Mr. Jethro W. Brooks Jr, the University Registrar – Dr. Baboucarr Njie, the Director of Finance – Mrs. Vania Yannie, Ag. Dean, Faculty of Engineering – Dr. York Abaidoo, Ag. Dean, Faculty of Maritime Studies – Mrs. Felicity Ankomah Sey, the Academic Registrar – Mr. Jones Addai-Marfo, some officials of the Youth Employment Agency and some RMU Staff and Students.
Information Date: 08/12/16
Information Source: Marketing Unit, Regional Maritime University, Accra
More Recent News
- 19-Dec GRADUATION OF Y.E.A. AND RMU YOUTH IN MARINE ENGINEERING
- 07-Nov MOU BETWEEN WOMEN IN MARITIME IN AFRICA (WIMAFRICA) AND THE AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION
- 26-Oct Appointments: Pro-Vice Chancellor, Director of Finance and Dean of Maritime Studies
- 19-Oct LAUNCH OF YOUTH IN MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN MODULE BY H.E JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA
- 07-Oct FUNERAL ANNOUNCMENT
- 07-Oct FIRST BATCH ADMISSION LIST 2016/2017
- 05-Oct ORIENTATION OF FRESHERS - 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
- 05-Aug REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY IPSEA ASSESSMENT TRAINING WORKSHOP – 21ST TO 22ND JULY, 2016
- 05-Aug REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY IPSEA TRAIN THE TRAINER: PORT PERFORMANCE
- 01-Aug REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
- GRADUATION OF Y.E.A. AND RMU YOUTH IN MARINE ENGINEERING19 - Dec
- MOU BETWEEN WOMEN IN MARITIME IN AFRICA (WIMAFRICA) AND THE AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION07 - Nov
- Appointments: Pro-Vice Chancellor, Director of Finance and Dean of Maritime Studies26 - Oct
- LAUNCH OF YOUTH IN MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN MODULE BY H.E JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA19 - Oct
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCMENT07 - Oct